Content Marketing Manager
who our client is and what they need…
Our client is a successful nonprofit publisher that is meeting a critical need in education by offering innovative math programs. Reporting to the Vice President of Communication, the Content Marketing Manager will work inside and outside of the organization as a writer, editor, and producer. Our client has a dedicated team of classroom teachers who lead professional learning workshops, with wonderful stories coming from over 50,000 classrooms about our client’s methods and materials. The Content Marketing Manager will focus on collecting, producing and disseminating these stories, best practices and pearls of wisdom to share with educators across the country.
This is a newly created position and offers the possibility to get creative using your storytelling skills, lead with innovative ideas and bring life to inspiring and informative content. If you have direct classroom experience (and happen to love math) this is an opportunity to really dig in and find the stories that will inspire an audience of math educators.
what you will do…
- Create and communicate powerful stories around our client’s math learning methods.
- Partner with internal and external subject matter experts to source story elements, co-produce content and publish in multiple channels.
- Steer content strategy based on experience, research, data and your creative instinct.
- Produce case studies (written, graphic and video) demonstrating the successful use of the learning methods.
- Adapt professional learning content and curriculum materials for the web.
- Create profiles of educators and internal team members.
- Develop social media strategies and drive appropriate content through the right channels.
- Adapt curriculum materials to produce interactive math content for the web.
- Enable and partner with regional teams to utilize content and social media in the field.
what you need to bring…
- 3+ years of experience in publishing and/or social media.
- 10%-15% nationwide travel.
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative business partner approach within an organization.
- Copy and content editor experience is desired.
- Data analysis, such as Google Analytics, is preferred.
- Graphic, video and/or audio content creation, is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience as a classroom teacher, preferably at the elementary level could be valuable.
Competitive compensation and benefits