Director of Risk Managment
Our client is significantly expanding their international footprint to manufacture, design, and market their products & services. They are a well-known (publicly-traded) global leader in the transportation industry with $2.5B in revenue and over 13,000 employees across the Americas and Europe. This organization is very active in supporting and investing in the communities across the globe where they operate with the goal of helping them thrive and build strength in their financial well-being.
The mission of the Director of Corporate Risk Management will be to develop and execute a strategic risk management framework for the company to ensure business continuity, protect the assets of the company and ensure the long-term protection of shareholder value.
If you value diversity, global thinking, and exhibit a creative and entrepreneurial spirit to your work, this is a great place to grow and expand your career. The company culture is focused on respect for people, safety, and quality with an implicit goal of exceptional customer experience.
what you will do…
- Develop and lead a strategic approach to domestic and international risk management practices and programs tied to business goals and employee safety.
- Provide governance and mitigate exposures to avoid property loss, injury or legal liability and ensure the continuity of the company operations.
- Participate on the Risk Management Committee providing insight and expertise on applying best practices to mitigate business risk.
- Maintain strategic risk portfolio roadmaps for each entity ensuring a planful approach to changing, evolving or sunsetting programs.
- Effectively represent the company’s risk management strategy by leading contract negotiations through market brokers guaranteeing effective policies, structure, limits, types of coverage and annual renewal process.
- Manage all insurance programs with a cost-effective approach. This includes renewal process and negotiations; policy maintenance and program review; cost allocation, risk identification and analysis; insurance certificate compliance; contractor coverage requirements and broker management.
- Partner with business leaders and departments such as Legal and General Counsel for claims management and loss; Human Resources for workers compensation programs; and Corporate Travel regarding the safety and security of traveling employees.
- Apply crisis management planning solutions to keep the organization running while mitigating damage and ensuring a focus toward success.
- Partner with the business units and worldwide manufacturing locations to help them design risk management strategies for their specific locations.
- Consult on risk management topics during the evaluation of new product offerings.
- Participate in the due diligence for all company Merger & Acquisition activity.
- Partner with operational leaders and brokers on cost-effective loss control strategies for physical properties.
- Provide support to the sales team and legal department on company deals and negotiations.
- Develop a dashboard of metrics to inform daily, quarterly and annual risk management decisions that help achieve measurable strides toward excellence.
- Provide leadership and expertise to help “course correct” or adjust plans as new business conditions emerge and priorities shift.
- Foster an innovative workforce that is nimble and change ready.
what you need to have…
- 10 years of domestic and international Corporate Risk Management experience including designing sustainable risk management solutions, providing governance oversight, offering a deep understanding of related standards and processes and building strong metrics and reporting tools
- Well-versed in compliance, business processes, insurance and financial analysis tools
- Strong background in formulating and presenting proposals
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business or any related field
- Master’s degree is a plus but not required
- Professional insurance designation is a plus
Excellent benefits and competitive salary