who our client is and what they need…
Our client is going through an exciting and significant IT transformation! They are a publicly traded, hi-tech global leader in their industry keeping the world connected by providing technology for smartphones, tablets, smart cars, wearable devices, laptops and other edge connectivity and computing applications.
They need a strategic IT leader to oversee the Infrastructure operations to ensure a reliable and secure computing environment supporting their global organization. With your deep skills in IT infrastructure, you will oversee vendor relationships, collaborate with senior leaders and partner with the business.
what you will do…
- Negotiate contracts and manage vendor relationships.
- Oversee and coordinate multiple work streams to ensure a reliable and secure computing environment.
- Work with the user community and the IT teams to collaborate in the planning to support global infrastructure.
- Recommend and oversee implementation of security improvements.
- Troubleshoot problems in a large enterprise involving complex network applications flows between multiple hosts spanning multiple firewalls, security zones, and different geographic locations.
- Lead projects, present information and maintain good relations with IT clients across the globe.
what you need to have…
- Experience in accountability and ownership of IT Infrastructure
- Infrastructure technology knowledge including firewalls, servers, data center management, storage, end user, networking
- Cloud technologies experience such as AWS and Azure
- Security experience with Intrusion Detection, DMZ, encryption, IPSec, PKI, VPNs, Site to Site VPN tunnels, SSL, proxy services, Malware, and Email security including DLP, security certifications are a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology and 2 to 6 years of related work experience, preferably in Infrastructure Design and Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience