Senior Director Information Security
This is an exclusive retained search conducted by Talence Group.
who our client is…
Our client is a well-known insurance and financial services company located in the heart of downtown Portland. Their mission is to make a positive difference in people’s lives through financial well-being and peace of mind. The company has a long-standing reputation for providing the industry’s highest quality products and services with unmatchable customer care. They have a passion for giving back to the community and providing employees with a great career experience. It’s an exciting time with new products & services, new distribution channels and new customer needs. The company is driving big investments in their growth initiatives.
what our client needs…
A team leader responsible for driving a holistic approach to the enterprise’s information security - cybersecurity initiatives, risk management and risk mitigation. You’ll set technical direction for the information security governance, risk and compliance department. You’ll be critical to the organization’s security credibility as you establish systems to prevent others from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing the company’s purpose. These are big objectives, and we’re looking for somebody who is up for the challenges.
what you will do…
- Work across the company to lead a comprehensive approach to the company’s information security initiatives as cybersecurity.
- Create the vision and technical direction for the information security governance, risk and compliance department. Ensure the team possesses the right skill to support the vision and associated technologies.
- Engage, retain, coach and develop the team to success through alignment with business objectives and individual career goals.
- Be a trusted advisor to the business and provide information security solutions to help them mitigate risk, protect their products, services and customers while achieving their business objectives.
- Conduct risk assessments to evaluate potential threats to business viability, information security/recovery, and physical security.
- Assess the impact caused by theft, destruction, alteration, or denial of access to information.
- Act as the primary control point during significant information security incidents.
- Partner with IT architecture, engineering, operations and application teams to develop and implement roadmaps that enable lifecycle management of the entire solution portfolio with a focus on reducing risk and keeping the technologies current and evolving.
- Collaborate across the entire organization to solve security problems with minimal disruption to other business functions.
- Drive continuous improvement of the security program to eliminate security waste created by applying LEAN principles.
- Serve as the Company’s subject matter expert on compliance matters, in particular supporting IT General Controls and Security regulations.
what you need to have….
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security/Risk Management or related work experience.
- Experience leading security solutions initiatives across multiple functions in an organization.
- A depth of experience in information risk management
- Strong program and project management expertise
- Big 4 Experience is a plus
Outstanding compensation package and benefits