K-2 Math Curriculum Writer
Are you passionate about math? Our client is a non profit publisher dedicated to improving mathematics education.They are looking for an experienced Curriculum Writer to create engaging instructional materials. These materials will embody best practices in mathematics instruction for Elementary Teachers and their Students.
what you will do . . .
- Create engaging content for students, and teachers using visual models
- Work with a team of writers and educators to create engaging lessons for grades K-5
- Use pedagogical expertise to break down complex skills, and design thoughtful lesson sequences
- Collaborate on curriculum design including teacher materials, student games, and video/interactive features
- Contribute to the development of formative, student-centered assessment—including observation and student work samples—aligned to curriculum scope and sequence
what you need to have...
- In-depth knowledge of math curriculum including visual models and constructivist methodology
- Excellent instructional design and writing skills
- Commitment to creating lessons that bring hands-on learning experiences to the classroom
- A deep understanding of Common Core State Standards including knowledge of developmental progressions in Mathematics
- Proven organizational skills, attention to detail, and superior time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience writing K-2 math content for educational publishing company desired
- Elementary teaching experience preferred
This is a mission-based company with a passion to change the way math is taught. They offer competitive salary and benefits. Possibility of working remotely.