Vice-President of Finance and Accounting
who our client is…
A global leader in sustainable manufacturing and recycled materials. They have a passion for reducing energy usage and carbon emissions, as well as preserving natural resources through pioneering processes and technologies. With facilities located across the U.S., our client has the infrastructure to meet the demands of a rapidly growing sector. Our client is strategically managing their growth organically with new technology advancements and through mergers, and acquisitions. This is a great time to join their team!
what our client needs…
The Vice President (VP), Finance and Accounting will be a strategic leader in the organization. You will be instrumental in directing the financial affairs of the business and ensuring clear alignment of initiatives to the corporate strategy resulting in a positive impact for long-term financial outcomes.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of accounting, financial reporting, and divisional financial analysis including budgeting and rolling forecasting activities. You will lead the development and execution of financial and accounting processes and controls devised to mitigate risk and ensure the accuracy of the company's reported financial results complying with public company reporting standards. As a leader in the organization, you will champion a continuous improvement mindset, build a culture of accountability and advance strong decision-making and risk assessment capabilities for the management team.
what you will do…
- Consolidate information to establish major economic objectives and policies for the company in collaboration with the COO/CFO.
- Responsible for the accounting, inventory, financial reporting, budgeting, rolling forecasting, planning and analysis, general ledger and other accounting functions impacting the overall consolidated results.
- Provide financial and accounting analysis, reporting, and advice to executive management for financial decisions.
- Articulate complex financial and legal information to all levels of the organization to enable the best possible financial decisions and intended outcomes.
- Provide and coordinate regular communications and updates for Operations as well as the leadership team.
- Prepare budget, financial forecasting, and other financial models for strategic planning sessions.
- Manage and lead all aspects of divisional accounting and finance processes and controls ensuring best methods are being utilized for compliance, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Provide internal financial statements and forecasts, along with in-depth analysis and insight into trends of forecast-to-actual deviations.
- Review monthly inventory counts and ensure adjustments are recorded and documented appropriately.
- Drive an effective internal control environment in accordance with regulations and laws and drive the company compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley rules ensuring the highest ethical business standards.
- Oversee cost accounting system, inventory valuation, expense analyses, product costing and variance accounting for manufactured and sourced products.
- Ensure regular updates and compliance of GAAP practices.
- Participate and/or lead due diligence teams to evaluate potential transactional growth activities and other special projects.
- Develop, implement and manage the effectiveness of technology and information systems that impact finance and accounting functions.
- Drive a continuous improvement model through policies, procedures and process assessment in finance, accounting, and business operations that support a lean operational infrastructure and cost-effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to the Assistant Controller, Financial Business Partners, and their staffs holding them accountable to achieving measurable strides towards operational excellence.
- Set and assign clearly defined operational goals and projects for Finance Business Partners with operational analysis that are measurable and highly visible to the entire organization.
- Apply crisis management planning in time of need, keeping the organization running, mitigating damage, and ensuring a focus towards success.
what you need to have….
- 10+ years of leadership experience over finance and accounting teams, general ledger, interpretation financial statements, and business partnering
- Finance and accounting expertise in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal control environment
- Public company and CPA, CMA, or CFM certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Competitive benefits package