Senior Financial Analyst
who our client is and what they need…
Our client is a publicly traded, hi-tech global leader in their industry. They are keeping the world connected by providing technology for smartphones, tablets, smart cars, wearable devices, laptops and other edge connectivity and computing applications.
Our client needs a Senior Financial Analyst, Cost Accountant to support the Company’s manufacturing financial forecast and planning processes, financial close process, and inventory management and reporting. Leveraging finance, accounting, and analytical skills, this position plays an important strategic role in driving process improvements, reducing variability in margin forecasts, and ensuring accuracy of financial reporting.
what you will do…
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close activities, including margin analysis, journal entries, account reconciliation, account analysis, external reporting, audit and compliance.
- Provide technical accounting guidance and support, including GAAP research and position paper documentation when needed.
- Prepare and analyze sales margins for strategic plans, annual operating plans, and forecast updates
- Analyze slow-moving and obsolete inventory to identify products that are eligible for reserve.
- Provide direction and oversight during routine inventory cycle counts and physical inventory. Guide sub-contractor inventory reconciliation process.
- Assist in maintaining GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Improve and/or implement controls around inventory to minimize correcting adjustments.
- Develop financial justification for key Manufacturing Operations investment projects (ROI, NPV, etc.).
- Develop, automate, and maintain regularly used reports and assist with special projects and ad hoc requests.
what you need to have….
- Minimum 5 years of business experience (preferably manufacturing) with a focus on cost accounting, auditing, financial reporting, financial analysis or budgeting
- Experienced with ERP systems, preferably Oracle
- Familiarity with Data Warehouse tools
- Experience driving automation and reporting – specifically with Excel and Tableau
- Preferred experience in outsourced manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA, CFA or CMA and/or Master’s degree preferred
Excellent salary and company benefits