President, General Manager (GM)
This is a retained search being conducted by Talence Group on behalf of our client.
who our client is and what they need…
Fulcrum Technologies is world class manufacturer of precision engineered, precision fabricated pre-cast concrete products and related structural steel elements required for the support of vibration sensitive production equipment. They have an outstanding reputation with their customers for consistent superior quality products and service delivery.
They need an outstanding leader to ensure clear alignment of operational initiatives to the company strategy while making measured achievements to maintain and grow their competitive market advantage. This leader will champion a continuous improvement mindset, build a culture of accountability and kindred employment, provide industry leading customer service, as well as, strong decision-making and risk assessment capabilities to ensure the continuous delivery of high-quality products and company growth.
what you will do…
- Provide general management to all parts of the organization including Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Design, Engineering, Purchasing/ Supply, Manufacturing, Installation, Quality Testing Control, and Human Resources and Safety
- Lead a world-class customer centric brand by collaborating with valued customers and internal engineers, designers and installers to collect and analyze technical data ensuring the right design to maximize product value
- Devise and drive a successful annual operating plan with clear objectives, strategies, quality standards, budgets, milestones, and supporting initiatives
- Implement strategic planning sessions and ongoing activities with each department to ensure alignment with overall corporate objectives; regularly review execution plans and course correct as necessary
- Drive a continuous improvement model through policies and procedures that support a lean operational infrastructure and hold the team accountable to achieving measurable strides towards lean operational excellence
- Develop a dashboard of metrics to inform daily, quarterly and annual decisions regarding business operations including quality requirements, production schedules and cost goals
- Provide coaching and development to Safety Manger regarding safety policies and procedures that support and adhere to all federal and state codes, regulations and compliance requirements
- Develop innovative solutions and stay abreast of technology advances and methods for the production facility and business office
- Inspire, motivate and instill a sense of urgency in the organization whilst ensuring an employee-centric and compassionate environment (lead by example)
- Develop communication strategies to keep all team members informed, engaged and focused on key priorities
- Build an industry leading organization through effective recruitment, retention, performance management, employee development and rewards and recognition strategies
- Propose a corporate budget to the Board considering the short-term and long-term strategic plan in addressing both organic and in-organic growth initiatives, criteria, expansions and revenue requirements
- Develop, present and drive implementation of all business development, growth strategy, acquisition activities and capital investment decisions
- Ensure optimal allocation of resources to gain maximum value and ROI for the organization
what you need to have….
- 10+ years of extensive experience leading high-performance engineering and/or operational teams in a manufacturing environment
- Managed an organization of 50+ employees across multiple functions
- Transformed/grown a manufacturing company increasing quality, reducing cost, and improving overall company performance.
- Experience in B2B customer relationship management and delivery of low-volume and high-quality customized products
- P&L responsibility including budgeting and forecasting
- Six Sigma or Lean certification would be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or related technical field; MBA or MA/MS a plus.
Competitive salary and excellent benfits