General Manager (GM), Commercial Business
who our client is and what they need…
Our client is the largest full-service geospatial solutions provider in the United States. They combine advanced remote sensing technologies and proprietary data analytics tools, algorithms, and processes to transform the way clients utilize and value geospatial data.
They need a General Manager (GM) of Commercial Business who will ensure clear alignment of operational, sales, and business development initiatives.
what you will do...
- Oversee sales efforts for the commercial business unit and provide comprehensive oversight for geospatial data production, data enrichment, and overall client deliverables.
- Lead professional services operations, sales, and business development organizations.
- Manage P&L for the commercial line of business to drive success with the long-term commercial strategy that will meet the profitability goals and growth objectives.
- Develop and maintain long-standing relationships with existing clients while strategically building new client pipelines bringing diversity to the current portfolio.
- Build sales plans for all company offerings (e.g., transmission line vegetation management, asset management, etc.) across commercial sub-verticals such as Energy, (Oil & Gas, Electric Utilities, Hydro, Wind & Alternative), Telecommunications, Forestry, and other Environment sectors.
- Develop strategic and educational communication strategies around the company’s industry-leading geospatial data value chain for targeted sectors and industry associations.
- Collaborate with internal innovation teams to develop and prioritize solutions that drive value for clients and grow the commercial line of business.
- Leverage the company’s leading technology advancements and deep technology portfolio to provide customers with high quality and scalable geospatial solutions.
- Supports and enhance practices, policies, and procedures to reinforce company values and ensure the company best practices are being utilized in the workplace.
- Build high performing teams and relentlessly focuses on the development of key talent.
- Oversee the business unit’s professional services operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Foster internal and external relationships; build regular, ongoing communication strategies for these audiences through town halls and public speaking at industry forums.
- Drive a continuous improvement model throughout the organization and hold the management team accountable for achieving measurable strides towards operational excellence.
- Inspire, motivate, and instill a sense of urgency in the organization (lead by example).
- Set and assign clearly defined sales & operational goals for all departments that are measurable and highly visible to the entire organization.
- Provide team project opportunities to build cross-functional relationships.
- Build an industry leading organization through effective recruitment, retention, employee development, and rewards/recognition strategies.
- Apply crisis management planning in time of need keeping the organization running, mitigating damage, and ensuring a focus towards success.
- Act as a mediator for conflict resolution among various departments and mentor departments on a “one team” concept.
- Consult with the CEO and Leadership Team on changes or challenges in achieving pivotal business initiatives.
- Ensure the optimal allocation of resources to gain maximum value and ROI for the organization.
- Propose a sales & operations budget, considering the short-term and long-term strategic plan.
- Participate and engage in business development, growth strategy, acquisition activities, and capital investment decisions.
what you need to have….
- 5+ years of extensive experience in leading high-performing professional services operations, technical, and sales teams
- Full P& L ownership and significant budget management
- Successful record of developing and driving strategic plans that result in revenue growth
- Proven ability to grow and scale a business, managing risks, and optimizing operating outcomes
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary leadership teams within a complex, matrixed environment
- Proven ability to attract, engage, develop, and retain top talent
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills demonstrating effectiveness in delivering key messages to internal and external audiences
- Experience leading transformational and change management initiatives
- Expertise in governance and compliance
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related field
- MBA or MA/MS is a plus
- Geospatial data solutions background is preferred but not necessary
Benefits: great benefits package with retirement plan
Salary: market competitive