Chief Learning Officer
who our client is and what they need…
Our client is the Math Learning Center (MLC), a successful nonprofit publisher that is meeting a critical need in education by offering innovative math programs. Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Learning Officer will provide leadership to an integrated team that is accountable for excellence from conceptual design through implementation support.
what you will do…
- Contribute deep expertise in understanding what drives successful outcomes in elementary math.
- Model a transformative and flexible leadership style while providing clear direction to the Director of Content, the Director of Educator Resources, and the Director of Educator Support.
- Collaborate with the CEO, Chief Academic Officer, the Board of Directors and the leadership team to develop and implement the strategic roadmap for the organization.
- Continuously analyze programs and services to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build organizational capacity to gather, analyze, and act upon information from staff and customers in the field.
what you need to bring…
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant leadership experience in K-12 math education, preferably at the district level.
- Extensive experience working directly with elementary teachers to implement math curriculum.
- Management experience including direct responsibility for staff, resources, and programs.
- Experience serving as a math education expert especially with respect to preparing and delivering professional development for a variety of audiences.
- Expertise collaborating with a range of contributors to apply research to classroom learning.
- Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction or related field; doctorate preferred
The Math Learning Center is an equal opportunity employer. We provide fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. The Math Learning Center hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.