Vice President of Sales
This is a retained search being conducted by Talence Group. Please do not contact the company directly.
who our client is and what they need…
Do you carry change in your pocket? If not, you’re among the millions of people who are becoming “cashless” – yet the coin-operated laundry machines in apartment buildings still require quarters! This is 2019 and our client PayRange is reinventing how people pay on machines without using cash or cards.
PayRange is powering mobile commerce on traditionally “dumb” machines such as vending, laundry, amusement, parking and more. The company developed a low-cost, clever solution that is nothing short of ingenious! The patented approach leverages the user’s smartphone and network connectivity, eliminating the need to connect the machine to a network and enabling rapid upgrades of existing machines.
The company is venture backed by some of the top names in fin-tech, including the former President of Visa, co-founder of PayPal and creator of Google Wallet. The product launched in 2015 and has gained product-market fit. Last year, the revenue growth was 500%. Needless to say, the company is exploding. If you ever wondered what it would have been like to join Square, PayPal, or Venmo when they were just 30 employees, then the time to join PayRange is now!
PayRange is seeking an energetic, hands-on, creative VP of Sales who will catapult this company tenfold over the next 3 years. The position reports to the founder and CEO, who is a serial entrepreneur with the experience and vision to change how the world pays machines. He moves fast and is looking for the ideal candidate to join the leadership team on this journey of innovation.
what you will do…
- Build, lead, and coach a high performing sales team that handles prospects in the range of $50k to $1MM in Annual Contract Value (ACV).
- Lead the strategy and be the primary sales rep for the company’s prospects that are $1MM to $5MM in ACV.
- Support and work with the CEO on prospects that are $5MM+ in ACV.
- Develop, manage, and organize the company’s pipeline.
- Craft and perfect messaging to accelerate deal flow into and through the pipeline.
- Think creatively and execute out-of-box, scrappy tactics to achieve the sales plan and meet or exceed the company’s sales goals.
- Refine and iterate the sales process continuously using real-time feedback and learnings to shorten the sales cycle.
- Train the sales team in pitching, overcoming objections, and closing deals.
- Instill discipline and accountability throughout the sales organization.
- Lead a customer success team and ensure each customer is successful with the company’s products and services.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the company leadership team.
- Explore opportunities to expand the company’s products into new verticals.
what you need to have…
- 10 years in technology sales providing products and services to ‘non-technology’ clients in a small to mid-sized company environment
- Experience in a start-up environment with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent ability to present complex technology information into easily understandable terms for clients
- Experience closing $50K to $5MM deals
- Experience building and managing sales territories
- Built company sales to $100MM
- Managed and built a sales team from 2 to 20 people and beyond
- Experience with MS Dynamics or other CRM tools is necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or related field; MBA desirable