Mathematics Professional Development Director
The Math Learning Center (MLC) is a successful nonprofit publisher that is meeting a critical need in education by offering innovative math programs. The Mathematics Professional Development Director is the acting Director of Educator Support in a newly created leadership position that will lead a team to design, build, and deliver a nationwide support network for districts and schools who have adopted the Bridges in Mathematics curriculum.
- Contribute to MLC’s mission by implementing a robust, sustainable support system informed by research, best practices, and direct field experience
- Work with the Director of Educator Resources to create and deliver a professional learning program that addresses all network contributors from staff curriculum consultants to local math leaders
- Collaborate with the Chief Learning Officer, Chief Academic Officer, and the Director of Educator Resources to ensure alignment and integration of all MLC offerings.
- Continuously evaluate the efficacy of MLC’s professional learning offerings while seeking out and assessing potential improvements
- Visit field staff and districts to build relationships and gain first-hand knowledge of issues and opportunities. Assist in recruiting and ongoing development of local educators.
- Present and/or represent MLC at conferences and other gatherings as needed.
- Provide leadership to ensure exceptional service delivery and collaboration. Hire, train and coach outstanding team members.
what you need to bring…
- Administrative experience including direct responsibility for staff, resources, and programs
- Philosophy of education consistent with approach advocated by MLC including knowledge of constructivist principles
- Direct experience with Bridges in Mathematics Second Edition K-5 preferred
- Experience implementing a new curriculum at the district level, math preferred
- Graduate degree in education
The Math Learning Center is an equal opportunity employer. We provide fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. The Math Learning Center hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.